Coleman Tents: Camping While Fly Fishing Trout And Atlantic Salmon
I am sure you have heard of Coleman. For most of us their name just says camping and fishing.
I have enjoyed camping with my family for more than 50 years now. We have so many great memories of camping and they almost always include Coleman products.
I must admit that I enjoy camping a whole lot more when there is fishing involved. When my son and I get the opportunity to pick up our fishing rods and head out camping for a weekend to catch a few Atlantic salmon and some brook trout. Mmmmm
We’ve had a few tents over the years but the first few we bought didn’t last very long with a kid and a dog but once we bought a Coleman tent that was it, we didn’t need anything else as they are very durable.
Check them out the Coleman Sundome Tent (10-Feet x 10-Feet) as it speaks for it’s self in my books.
- Center height: 72 inches
- Fly: Polyester taffeta 75 denier
- Mesh: 68-denier polyester
- Floor: 1,000-denier floor, 140 g/m2
- Flysheet and inner tent coating: 450mm polyurethane
- Base dimensions: 10 by 10 feet
- Poles: 11mm fiberglass
- Country of origin: Made in China
- Warranty: Limited 1 year
I take a few trips into some back country for Brook Trout and Atlantic salmon fishing here in New Brunswick and usually take my float tube with me.
I can only drive so far and the rest of the fishing trip is on foot so I have to pack light and that means I can’t bring the bigger Coleman tent so it’s my backpack Coleman tent. It only has to be big enough to get out of the weather for the nights
My wife and I won a Coleman cooler that came with a smaller cooler inside, just big enough to take on a backpacking fishing trip and is the perfect size for the canoe trips.
I have tried sleeping under the stars without a tent and it’s just not for me, especially when the skies open up and there’s thunder and lightening. I really do prefer a Coleman between me and the elements.
Coleman Product Features
- Spacious 5-person tent with 10-foot-by-10-foot base
- Exclusive WeatherTec system is guaranteed to keep you dry
- Adjustable Variflo ventilation and vented Cool-Air port for comfort
- 2 shock-corded steel poles, continuous pole sleeves, and InstaClip attachments
- Center height of 72 inches; rainfly covers doors and windows
Coleman has many other products that make our camping and fishing excursions more comfortable and enjoyable.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!